Coaching to Improve Pipeline Size and Shape
Once / Twice a month for salespeople who on track to make quota and have sufficient pipeline. Bi-weekly for salespeople who are below quota or have insufficient pipeline.
- Go into reports
- Look at the pipeline size and shape.
- What is the size of the fiscal year pipeline?
- Based upon the business closed to date what is the pipeline required for the salesperson to attain quota?
- Compare the current pipeline to the required pipeline size and shape for the salesperson to attain quota. Make a list of any discrepancies.
- Review the salesperson’s historical win rate. Based on that win rate will the salesperson attain their number?
- Determine the major opportunities in the pipeline.
- Take the major opportunities in early stages and review the opportunity records.
- Based on the information are the major opportunities in the correct stage? Make a list of any discrepancies.
- How many opportunities and their related revenue has the salesperson added to their pipeline in the last 30 days? Is this enough?
- Is the salesperson updating the stages and revenue on a regular basis?
- 30 days from now what should be the size and shape of the salesperson’s pipeline?
- Make a list of areas that you will ask reality questions based on your findings.
“Let’s review your pipeline to understand its current health. If there is sufficient pipeline for you to make your number that is great. If your pipeline requires improvement then we will put together a plan to execute in the next 30 days.”