The Ambidextrous Organization – Dr Jens Maier
Digitization is on most organizations’ agendas. Now, rather than treating it as a technology challenge Jens Maier is putting a ‘leadership perspective’ to it. What are the issues most organizations face? Digitization is a given, the main question is: how to best transform the organization? Ambidexterity: how to balance evolution (exploitation) with revolution (exploration)? Cross-industry convergence: As industries converge, what role does your organization want to play: observer, participant, pivotal player?
Workshop 1: Ambidexterity: Balancing exploitation and exploration
- 10 Types of Innovation applied to your own industry, exploitation and exploration opportunities identified
Workshop 2: Ambidexterity: Leadership Challenges
- Structural vs. contextual ambidexterity
- The role of ‘Orthodoxies’ – turning strong beliefs in an industry from obstacles into exploration opportunities
Workshop 3: Cross-Industry Convergence
- Importance of cross-industry convergence – in the light of the organization’s digitization strategy
- Generation of new business ideas using the ‘Future Deck’
- Competition of best ideas
Jens Maier: As entrepreneur (Convergence Engineers Co.; Ltd.), teacher (St. Gallen, London Business School) and author (The ambidextrous Organization – exploring the new while exploiting the now; Palgrave Macmillan 2015) he is one of the thought leaders in this field.